"selcted wrks 10-13" is, as the name implies, a compilation of tracks written between 2010 and 2013. They don't really have much in common. The order of playback doesn't matter anything, I placed tracks the way there are some contrasts between them though.
Some facts about tracks.
1. prism (May 2013, atmospheric drum'n'bass)
I wrote this for local Renoise Competition 11 (vk.com/renoisetracker
). Atmospheric d'n'b, somewhat oldschoolish. Took the 2nd place :)
2. matt lange - it gets better (lwpss remix) (May 2012, idm / downtempo)
My first remix ever. It's noticeably different from the original.
3. so wrong (March 2011, idm)
Melancholic IDM. I was in really bad mood and the track reflects my feelings of that time. It took 10 days to finish this, pretty quick for me. Time signature there is 3/4. Took the 2nd place in Renoise Competition 5.
4. #003153 (May 2011, idm / downtempo)
Calm, peaceful track. The Boards of Canada influence is obvious, I guess. There are many things that could be improved but I'm proud of this track anyway.
The voice sampled from "Look in the Mirror" (youtube.com/watch?v=xuMDGR-zYZU
#003153 is the color code for deep blue. I love it.
5. megaprime (October 2012, dubstep)
"Classic" dubstep, powerful, yet without wobble. From this moment, I started using only free plugins and samples. I think it's easier to get your own sound with them. It was written for SDCompo Round 69, placed 4th.
(January 2013, idm)
Dark and cold IDM with heavy drums. It all started from arpeggio, then drums and pads were added, after that I finished the rest. This work is somewhat influenced by Stendeck, I've seen him live in December.
7. mpthy (March 2011, dub / ambient)
It's like slowed down dub techno. I've used samples from "empathy" a lot, therefore the name.
8. sunset (September 2011, dubstep)
Energetic chiptunish dubstep. It was written for Renoise Competition 7 and took the 2nd place.
9. soad (October 2010, trip-hop)
Very old work, that's why it sounds so noobish :D
A lot of samples from different sources:
* badly sampled guitar loop from System of a Down — Suggestions (the title reflects it, btw);
* detuned sine taken from Boards of Canada — Sixtyniner;
* female voice is from Se7en.
10. moonbow (March 2012, downtempo)
Slow, calm and atmospheric downtempo. Heavily influenced by Carbon Based Lifeforms.
11. empathy (November 2010, downtempo)
One more track from Renoise Competition. It was the 3rd round and the 1st time I participated in compo. I took the 1st place. The community was less popular than now though.
It's influenced by Carbon Based Lifeforms as well. I love their music.
12. acqua alta (May 2013, ambient)
This melody lived in my head for 2 years. I don't have any idea why I started hearing it. I was in Italy, that's why I gave this title to my track ("acqua alta" is for floods in Venice).
Artwork by Helena Obydyonnova